‘Founded in 1977 and incorporated as a non-profit research organization in 1981, The Lemko Research Foundation, Inc. (LRF) promotes the study and research of the history, literature, culture, art and traditions of the people of the Ukrainian Lemko origin. Our goal is to preserve the identity and culture of this Ukrainian ethno linguistic group originating from the Beskid Nisky section of the Carpathian mountain range, and to inform others of its historical and cultural background.
We foster relations and cooperate with research and academic institutions involved in the study of Ukrainian Lemko issues, exchanging information and findings. We provide assistance to students directly involved in Ukrainian Lemko studies.
We disseminate information to the public concerning Ukrainian Lemko history, literature, culture and art, and sponsor the publication of bulletins, magazines, books and papers.
The function of the LRF is to advance, through research and study, the historical and cultural background and the identity of the people of Ukrainian Lemko extraction, regardless of their religious or political affiliation, allegiances, or location of their abode, in order to more effectively promote the objects of this organization.
The LRF can function through financial resources which consist of the following:
- Membership dues:
- Regular members (individuals or organizations) – who will have donated $100 or more for the purpose of the organization;
- Members/benefactors (individuals or organizations) – who will have donated $500 or more for the purpose of the organization;
- Patrons (individuals or organizations) – who will have donated $1000 or more for the purpose of the organization;
- Sales of the published materials;
- Fundraising events;
- Any individual donations.
We are looking for new members and donors to continue our work in preserving the history of this ethnic group from Lemko region.
All donations are tax deductible.